Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dreams

I've dreamed about carrying a mission to far off places, a daydream that is always playing through my mind like a never ending reel.  Wiping sweat from my brow and doing work that matters. The type of work that fulfills the soul and the calling of a once little girl. I've learned the art of contentment but still a yearning rises from my depths. A longing to be more. Get my hands dirty and see with my heart .
I wake up early, pull a little boy from his bed. He complains of hunger. I feed him sugar filled cereal wondering if he will refuse to eat his next meal. I hear the yells of two sisters with braided hair. I change the baby and dress the toddler. The youngest clings to my arms and I wonder of she'll ever let go. They eat their breakfast with force swallowing every last bit, two little mouths that have before been left empty.
The work is hard, I feel deep in it.
 I dream of far off places, where I can wipe the sweat from my brow for a cause.
The boy looks at me his face is low, he shows me his scars and tells me he wants to go back. Back to the people that scarred his body and soul. I feel weary, a loner on an island. This is bigger then me.

The world needs to see a Jesus that is here among us not just in foreign lands. Feeding the empty and loving on those that are broken. There is no high only the sting and satisfaction of sacrifice. We all have something to give. Again I will travel to far off lands bringing a mission of love... for now I will dig trenches and watch grace heal three small souls. 

Angela





3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Angela,
Words can't describe how this reached my soul. Praying for you sister. Dig those trenches. You will see the end of the war, and He will have won those little hearts. Because you dug deep. You are a beautiful soul sister. Much love,

MEL

Caitlin said...

I feel this in the depths of me, every single day. Struggling always to find the value in the endless work of mothering. Praying that He will bring peace to your heart and heal and fill all of the broken places in each of those sweet babies. He is good and He is faithful, and when we work for Him, we never work in vain.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. We all have these ideas of what missions looks like. we often forget the battlefield in our own homes or backyard. The work of a mama serves more of a purpose then we pften give it credit fpr.