For nearly three years I've been immersed in the adoption realm, studying the in's and out's and researching my bum off. I read the stories of other seasoned adoptive parents, their joys and disappointments, placing them on a shelf in my mind hoping they would provide guidance in future times.
I have found that nothing can prepare you for the heartache that surrounds you when you read the pages that document and represent your child's life. Hundreds of pages filled with numb and empty words. Your heart sinks further as you sift through the stacks searching for a face in this story. Anger rises up within and you breathe deep knowing how much more the father's heart was grieved.
As much as I feel love and compassion for these babies, how much more does my father God? You will understand the beauty of adoption when you grasp the love of the father...
I spent the morning hours sifting through scripture on love and asking myself why I seek the Lord and need His presence in my life. Its easy...My soul longs for love.
I am positive that it is not an easy task to love me...I am a flawed person however the Lord sacrificed All for my salvation. Its my turn now. I am thankful to be chosen for love. It is a honor, not a sacrifice to love.
Angela
1 comments:
Angela! Hi, It's Mazvita/Mags, we met through my old blog. I've been thinking about you off and on literally for MONTHS since you commented on one of my last posts, I love reading your blogs and love having someone who can identify and relate with some of the things I write about. Anyway, I kinda started a new blog but haven't really written in it yet, but wanted to get in touch, are you on instagram or anything? that's my new form of blogging now lol, it's easier for me to post in snippets, photos and words, anyway, i'm glutenfreelewton on there and my new blog is glutenfreelewton.blogspot.com.
Would love to keep in touch. You're beautiful, keep writing and sharing and being awesome! And love the new blog look!! Blessings to you today!! (And I feel like such a jerk for never writing back till now, it was one of those i totally responded in my head type of deals!
Post a Comment