Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hello September.

     

So we are upon September.
The month of Pumpkin Spice latte's...

       Knowing that September is nearly here has been a bit a lot discouraging. We decided to pursue adoption in October of last year, the closer we get to that looming, one year date the more anxious I feel. Not that I expected we'd have a child in our home, but I guess my heart wanted to believe that we would be nearing that transition. I have been re-reading "Kisses for Katie", and praying a lot in the nursery, on the roughest days He is faithful to deliver such a glorious peace to my heart. 
Let's be honest, I still have "I'm over this" kind of days.

      Joe announced to me recently, that he thought we should participate in a fun activity or go away one night a month until we are placed, I was totally on board with this idea... I love to have fun. We want to take every opportunity to spend one on one time together before our lives are forever changed...for the better ;)  We cherish the time we've spent together and won't ever be willing to give that up. We're excited to start a family but afraid to lose "us" in the mix of things. We're bent on not losing our close relationship due to the stress that accompanies adoption, praying for much Grace. (Hello,we've heard all the horror stories).

       We are nesting...sort of. I am a planner. Not knowing the sex or age of my future child makes it difficult to execute planning. I would be overjoyed to complete our "nursery to beyond room", shopping here and there to ensure we had a good stash of clothing/ i.e. the many other things that little people need....but I can't. I have spent countless hours researching products that I may not ever have use for, all due to the fact that I have this nagging need to plan! Oh dear. Back to nesting… As of late Joe and I have come to the conclusion that we need to add a dose of healthy organization to our lives. So we've starting organizing our filing cabinet and are super excited to participate in Dave Ramsey's financial peace class at our church. Yay for adulthood! ;)

A recent adventure in Pittsburgh, taken on the duquesne incline


Happy September!

Please continue to Pray for grace while we wait and that God would move on our behalf!

Thanks friends,

Angela

0 comments: