Tuesday, October 25, 2011

God's will is perfect. period.


   Life is ever-changing, no one tells you how much you'll change from age 19 to 23...some change is good some maybe not as good. The point is we're always changing and being pushed to change...because hello people life is change. I look back at my life and leaf through random journals that I have sporadically wrote over the years and often think, wow, things are so different now.
The throwback days
         I now have been married for a few years [I'm thinking we are no longer titled "newly weds", why is this sad to me?] ;) AND  view love differently than I once did, because falling in love and growing as a married partner has impacted my life, my wants and my dreams. I long to be independent and do great things but now I share those wants with someone else and have found that love is sacrificial ( So I've accepted his dreams as my own) ...but love is wonderful.

       A few short years ago I moved to Florida to attend Southeastern university to major in pastoral ministry/missions and somehow I have ended up at Liberty university taking classes online for a counseling degree, this was not in the plan at all and I often battle uncertainty and doubt over this sensitive subject...but once again I believe it was in the plan, just NOT in my plan. I anticipate the day I begin counseling and giving hope through Jesus, and throughout this "change of plans" I have found a passion that God has put inside of me.
   
        I live in the Northland ( Ohio) I never believed I would live here...ever. Some days I miss Florida's beautiful beaches, the sunshine that never ends and kindred friends...BUT, I'm here.  My lifestyle has changed, including climate, friends, church...everything. And. Its not a bad change, it's a journey change...and I expect many more of these ;) God has put me here for a purpose and I am starting to see small glimpses of that purpose, and that is exciting.
   
God stays the same always, but he asks us to change to mold into his likeness...and well, he's a jealous God and enjoys our neediness ;)


       One thing that I have found through my ever-changing life is...God's will is perfect.
Being obedient to Him is fulfilling, even when we face what we dare not expect.

    Isaiah 43:18-19


Amplified Bible (AMP)
Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just saw you found my blog! Where in Ohio do you live? We live in Ohio too! Have only been here a year. Can't wait to start reading more of your blog!

Angela said...

Hey Marie, I was sooo excited to discover your blog :) We have lived in Northeast Ohio for about two years, we are clear on the edge of Ohio east of Cleveland. Where are you in Ohio?