Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Accomplishments and ramblings (mostly ramblings)

                           
                 This past weekend was a whirlwind of events all surrounding my wonderful, handsome and smart, Joe's Masters Graduation. My parents came into town stayed with us in our little home and then came to Joe’s four hour graduation ceremony (whew, it was a long one)... and then of course we celebrated with food (we truly revolve everything around our food) We had a wonderful family dinner celebration that evening with parents, siblings and grandparents...all to celebrate Joe's accomplishment. And I must say I am a super proud wifey and know the hard work that goes into these fancy degrees and graduation hoods ;) No, it's so much more than that, my husband is a truly intelligent and dedicated guy and I love him for that...he is starting his doctoral program next week and I'm trusting that this will be an exciting new adventure but will engulf a large amount of his time and we will have to adjust. awww well life is adjustments!


      Tonight has been a quiet one. I am finishing up my spring semester, so in the next two days I have a BIG project due and one last final. Sadly I often acquaint myself with procrastination and I work slower than most I'm convinced. I tend to not schedule my time well and at the last minute scramble to get everything completed. I am excited to be finishing up this semester. I have been going straight through all year long, my classes are set up in trimesters and I usually have about a week off in between classes…it’s exhausting truly. I decided to take part of the summer off last minute and cramp my classes together in the last summer semester that way I get a small summer break. Not sure why I felt it necessary to share that but I guess I’m just feeling excited about the whole “I get a break” thing ;)
         As of late I have been reminded of past summer missions trips…brings back so many fond memories and I can’t seem to break away from the idea…I am missing traveling, training and spending my summer ministering. I know God has more plans for me… he has burned missions in my heart for a reason.

         So thankful for the encouragement that I’ve seen in the past month, it’s like after a dryer period in our lives (don’t get freaked out), God always shows up bringing things together to encourage us and reveal to us he has been working the whole time…we just failed to see. I am so encouraged to see change occurring in so many people’s lives, God stirring them again and bringing together those to encourage and edify one another. It’s sooo good when we don’t expect change or can even fathom its occurrence but then it happens and we can see God fashioning the situation.

It’s like following His voice sometimes, we often believe that taking that first leap is the hardest task and for some it may be, for me it’s jumping out and not seeing what I expected… but then knowing that obedience to my Jesus is what I seek. Be encouraged and know that following God’s voice and acting on it often brings much joy and pain, but being in the will of God brings peace that cannot be found in any other place. I feel peace today :)


A favorite quote of mine...

Joy is not an absence of struggle or sorrow, but the taste of the presence of God as he surprises us with his gracious love, whatever our circumstances.” Dan B Allender

    So this blog covered most of the "ramblings" part ;)

Angela







1 comments:

Mags said...

Yay!! Congrats on your hubby's graduation and all the happenings (and you know I love ramblings ;)

And I love that quote!