Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Years! Com'on 2011!


Even now I can hardly believe that the business and bustle of Christmas break has come to an end and life is slipping back into normalcy once again. Christmas was wonderful and crazy busy and I can truthfully say that I need an entire year to recover from its occurrence ;)

We spent New Year’s Eve in the quaint town of Foxburgh(not far from where I grew up) and enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Allegheny grille located on the banks of the river, accompanied by a few close friends. We had a grand time, complete with a girl’s dance party to ring in the New Year!

The past few days I have been pondering my own personal goals for this coming New Year and those shared with my husband Joe. Tonight Joe and I sat down and had a "meeting" to discuss our plans and goals for this coming year. I felt that this was a good idea at first, until I found myself frustrated and feeling discouraged due to writing the same personal goals down multiple years in a row! Why does this happen?! I guess when it comes to goals; I have a hard time dreaming up realistic and attainable ones...go figure. I won't bother to share my extensive and possibly out of reach goals but here are a few realistic ones that I personally have set and others that I want to attain as a married team :)

* Practice the Virtue of Patience.
Romans 12:12 (The Message) “Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.”
*Take time to Encourage others and Make a point to Give.
* Be involved in Mission's work and evangelism
* Read more of the Bible and books that promote healthy spirituality Together as a couple... (Joe and I have a list)
* Pray more together as a couple.
* Discover a new hobby
* Take meaningful dates as a couple.
* Take a leap of faith on a certain something we feel we are being called too ;)
* Cook and eat more organically

Yep that’s a few of em'

Whew it’s almost 3 AM, gnight!!

Angela

0 comments: