Tuesday, July 9, 2013

hello again waiting...

The waiting... yes, we're still waiting. I often feel mixed emotions about updating ya'll on this tiny blog of mine since there usually isn't too much to tell. I day dream of the hour I will announce that the wait has finally come to an end, the day that will change us. I don't know how I will keep from shouting it from the rooftop.  I often wonder what you will think....will you be excited for us? Fearful for my sanity? My hope is that you will pray your hearts out. 
 
We continue to send out home studies on potential matches and currently have a few floating around. These things take time, and as we have found recently there are appeals and other roadblocks to conquer. Time, obviously a lot of time...I've said it before, Adoption is not for the faint of heart.  I spend many hours a week digging through blog posts and articles looking to discover what others have gone through in their older child adoptions, what has worked and not worked. I pour over the most effective practices of bonding with a child that is not still a baby and has experienced much instability and turmoil. Always praying that God will give me the physical and emotional strength for what He has put before me. Please pray that we will be considered as matching meetings approach and hindrances will disappear before our eyes. We are not aware of the number of home studies submitted on the children we apply to adopt. August 1st is the next matching meeting date; pray that our home study will outshine the rest. We would love to have something to shout about ;)
Angela
 
 

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Praying for you both. Love us.

Viki said...

I will be a love worth waiting for! Praying for all of you! <3

Viki said...

I will be a love worth waiting for! Praying for all of you! <3

Viki said...

It will be a love worth waiting for! Praying for all of you! <3

acgerics said...

thank you Kelly and Viki! love you guys too!!