Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013, you never looked better!

     Happy New Years!
 2013, After such a rough year I can't lie I have been anticipating you for the past few months. I started to write this blog three weeks ago but couldn't bring myself to finish it, still a mystery...I guess I didn't feel like sharing or spewing three month's worth of craziness.
The last few months have been a challenging. The short story is three months ago I got very sick, lost weight and started having dizzy/migraine spells. Those have continued, and we're still in the process of figuring out what exactly is going on it's been a scary season of my life and I have leaned hard on a loving savior.  
 What life lessons have I taken from this...
Hold on to Jesus, He is the only one that can bring true peace to a troubled heart.
You need People, kind and caring friends/family that will walk with you through fire, choose those that won't just say they are praying for you, but one's that will actually do it.
Life isn't perfect. Storms come and preparation is impossible.
Oh, Subway is a God send ;)
Pray continually, I don't believe I had learned this skill prior.
 
I am digging this quote by Ann Voskamp right now. I feel that it describes where I am and a new revelation inspired by this season. 
“...the secret to joy is to keep seeking God where we doubt He is.” 
 I won't elaborate much. In the midst of trial refuse to shut down, Seek God in ugly circumstances.
2013, is going to be Our year!
That is what I have been telling the husband nearly every day for the past few months.
Discussing our goals and planning/preparing to be first time parents, am I dreaming? It's going to be an incredible year!
 
Sidenote: Homestudy is finished and we are NOW cleared to Adopt through Florida! Believing that it will be soon...Pray with us for God's perfect will and that we will be matched soon...oh and support us by buying an Adoption t-shirt. Please :)
 
        

0 comments: