This past weekend I took a needed trip "home" to visit my parents and friends. The area I grew up in has the best fall festival, "Autumn Leaf festival" and every year I make the drive home to experience the wonder of Fall. No place is as picturesque...hills covered in shades of gold and red. I spend the day at the craft fair, go to the corn maze and freeze my bum to go to the Fall parade. Yes, it's cold here in the Northland. This morning when I took my pup out I stepped out onto a carpet of white frost. Brrrr!
Friends, sister and cousin all together for Craft day
Thursday as I was driving I received an email about our current progress in regards to the adoption. I had been expecting good news, that we would soon be wrapping up the lose ends and starting the process of sending out our home study. Instead, the email revealed that wasn't the case at all...we're stuck. Nearly five months has gone by and throughout that time I have felt nearly every emotion know to me. This time though was different. I felt utterly helpless and wanted off the Ferris wheel of ups and downs. Honestly, I wanted to be done with this whole thing. I often wonder if anyone else has waited this long or went through this? We have invested an entire year to this process without seeing results. My husband desperately wants to be a daddy and my heart aches for our future children. I know without a doubt that God has called us to journey down this road full of heartbreak and frustration. I am trusting that He knows what He's doing. That's all I can do is trust, ask for wisdom and continue on...
Please continue to pray for us and our adoption. I believe prayer can change any situation!
Angela
Also, a good friend of mine is helping us design two shirts to raise money for our Adoption! We're super excited, these should be available shortly.

2 comments:
I'm sorry the adoption is taking longer than you expected. It is so hard when you hit roadblocks! I will be praying for you and your future children!
Thank you Katie, looking at the pictures of your baby boy makes my heart swell...it helps with the waiting :)
Post a Comment