Thursday, March 17, 2011

water that is oh, so fresh and clean :)

                                   Appreciative of the clean water I get to enjoy again ;)

          After two and a half weeks away from my love, I am back home...yay! I arrived back in the states this past Friday at about 12:00 in the morning. It was a seemingly, never ending day  traveling  from San Juan to Miami and eventually to my destination in DC... on top of such a long tiring day of solo travel I was sick ( more on that later). Saturday we got a late start checking out of the hotel due to the fact we were all still struggling with some nasty sickness. Once we were back in the states I was itching to get home, I was soooo ready...I had been ready for about a week at that point in time! After five hours of traveling and texting my husband every mile marker we drove closer, finally I was back in the arms of my Joe.
              Those of you that enjoy married life know how hard it is to be away from your spouse, this has been the longest, consecutive period of time we've been apart from each other and man was it tough but we got through, I'm not saying there weren't times when I didn't feel crazy, lonely but hey, we made it. Although I hated being apart from Joe I hate to admit that I'm not minding the extra attention Im getting since I have returned ;) Joe really missed me! Isn't it good to be loved ?! Well I think yes! Although I am missing those beautiful sunny days of warm weather and sadly traded those for dreary, dark rainy days, it's good to be back in my cozy little home with my best friend.
    
  
        The last few days in PR were spent on the island of Culebra and in the rain forest, my two absolute favorite places I visited while on the island, def. highlights of the trip. The island of Culebra has the most beautiful,clear water, perfect for a  snorkeling adventure. We were told by a few other travelers that our "away from the beaten path", beach that we taxied too was the very one where scenes from the Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed, how cool is that! :)


                                                 The ferry ride over, looking windblown :)


                                     
   Photos that my friend Silas took while snorkeling, he has a special digital camera on his snorkeling mask... I went snorkeling for the first time off this island and I was super excited to see the turtles!!

           And here is the Clean water part of the Tale...
       The very last day of the trip I got very sick. I woke up that Thursday morning with what I perceived as the flu, as the day went on my sickness progressed and by evening I was extremely ill and feverish and I had no inclination what exactly I was dealing with. Joe kept texting me that evening (he worries about me), I have a tendency to not drink enough fluids when I get sick and he was very afraid that I was getting dehydrated. So in fear of having to visit a hospital in Puerto Rico I was drinking all that i could and praying that the horrible pain and weakness I was feeling would leave my body. I was very sick throughout the night but continued to take flu medicine and drink ginger ale in great amounts. I felt better in the morning PTL since I had a full day of traveling ahead of me.
      I now know that my sickness was most likely caused from bacteria in the island's water, and although I am almost better, my stomach still hurts about every time I eat. We were very careful and did everything we could to stay away from the tap water but somehow after tracing back I realized I did in fact drink the water and now have a case of dysteria because of it ;) oh well you live and learn...I am so thankful to be drinking clean and purified water and pray that I will never have a similiar experience again.

Time for some much needed sleep, good night! Angela


















0 comments: