Tuesday, January 11, 2011
A Snow Day
As many of you know, I am not terribly partial to snow in enormous amounts, but on the rare occasion such as a SNOW DAY! I quickly fall in love with the fluffy, magical, white stuff that blankets our little town and keeps my hubby at home with me.
Thursday evening the snow had started to lightly dust our little street, but I refused to get my hopes up just yet. Before we went to bed that night (we always pray together before we doze off to dreamland) my prayer went a little like this "Dear Jesus please give us a snow day tomorrow, so Joe can stay home with me and help watch my nephews". :)
The next morning I woke up to a wonderland of winter-ness and my husband rolling over to tell me that he did in fact get a snow day! I so love days at home with Joe, they make my heart so full and happy. So the day was spent with my adorable nephews Marcus age four and Joel who is almost two. They are both busy boys, especially little Joel. We had so much fun playing "spill the beans" and a toy story memory game. We even ventured out to play in all the white stuff. Marcus wasn’t interested with the snow, he was happier inside but little Joel had a blast rolling around in it!
Little did we know that we would be stuck at home for most of the weekend, due to the covered and unplowed roads, not mention the white out that never left us. We made the best of it by going sledding on the bluffs Saturday night and I taught Joe how to make his first snowman! Yes, his first! I couldn't believe it either :)
Angela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Lets say the same prayer tonight!! Love you!
Love the snowman!
Ella- thank you, i love seeing the pics of your adorable baby by the way :) So cute, mommyhood looks good on you!
This makes me miss the boys so much!!
Post a Comment