Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hello Wednesday...

I would have liked to have blogged yesterday, because it was my wonderful and amazing man's Birthday but with errands and last minute shopping my day got eaten up!


I love doing special things for my Joe and surprising him is my absolutely favorite. We had decided that we were going to Cleveland for our birthdays this coming weekend...Joe and I's birthdays are exactly a week apart ( although I was resistant at first, I caved and decided to "share" my day) ;) So for his actual Birthday I thought that I would do something special, just for the two of us. So I was busy doing my research, and on Monday night (the eve of his birthday) Joe informs me of what he really wants...to go to his little brother's basketball game, a DQ cake and Chipotle. I was like are you sure?! That doesn’t scream special, but OK.

Isn't it funny that we girls love to plan elaborate surprises, decorate and bake our hearts out and our men are so simple!
So that is just what we did....other then Chipotle, it got skipped, because we decided to stay for both basketball games ;)

BELOW. Joe and his big, home-made birthday cake, celebrating with my parents a few weekends ago when they came into town.

Joe celebrated twenty-eight years yesterday. Time is flying; this is the fifth birthday that I've spent with this wonderful guy. I am so thankful for this amazing and caring man that I've been blessed to spend all my days with. I prayed for this guy years before I saw his face and I now know that God truly did hear me and gave me the desires of my heart.
Happy Belated Birthday babe...love you for always seeing the best in me :)
Angela

2 comments:

three vagabond bears said...

That cake looks so yummy!
I love celebrating other peoples birthdays just not my own!

Angela said...

Ella- it was yummy and I'd agree celebrating others is almost as fun ;) loved reading your newest blog post...you seem super happy girl, miss you and love you!