Thursday, April 15, 2010

finally....


Well I've written a few blog posts over the last few months, only to have them disappear and refuse to post, maybe they weren't meant to be. It's finally spring time again. daffodils and tulips are laced about my yard, and I feel a rush of excitement every morning when I find one more has bloomed. We just arrived home from a short visit to Florida, it was glorious. It was our first trek back since we moved. I hated leaving all behind, again. It was almost too familiar, it felt as though we never left to begin with....slightly odd. The weather was beautiful and the company of good friends refreshing. We arrived on a Saturday night and slipped into our old hang out, socrum loop Starbucks. Our favorite baristas Justin and Shawn were there working the late shift, just as they always have on Saturday nights. When we entered, they looked up without hesitation "Hey, Angela and Joe", and from there on random conversations the rest of the evening, no one mentioned we had moved or asked about our new life in the northland, it was wonderfully normal and like old times...Sigh' I've missed it. There is something wonderful about not having to order your coffee, everyone knowing your name, and random late night conversations, filled with people of all kinds.

As much as I miss this old chapter of my life, I am anticipating what God has for me here, waiting is the hardest part for me. I hate waiting...its always been a downfall of mine, but I continue to do so, because its all up to Him now . I have hope that it's going to be something good. Even though I have faced my share of disappointments, I am still believing there is a reason for this individual season of my life....

Angela

0 comments: